Our location at North Ryde in Sydney is a central site close to academic institutions and commercial industry grains and cereal business enterprises. The facilities at our North Ryde site include a commercial scale pilot mill specifically designed to mill multiple varieties of grain and non-grain products including spelt, rice, pulses, maize and wheat.
Included within the pilot mill is a test milling facility that is capable of evaluating a range of wheat varieties and trialling new grain processing technologies. Rosewood's commercial scale research mill has previously been benchmarked against a number of commercial mills in Australia and has been demonstrated to provide credible commercial milling information.
Key components of the Rosewood Research Mill include:
- Grain intake equipment including tipping hoppers, bucket elevators, and dust collectors
- Screen room equipment including milling separator, stoner, indent cylinders, disc separators, magnets, screw conveyors, conditioning equipment and grain bins
- Mill plant equipment including an abrasive debranner, weighers, flow balancers, pneumatic conveying, cyclones, plan sifter, mini sifter, pin mills, bran finisher, germ aspirator, flour bins, flour mixer and packing equipment.
- Stand alone vario roll mill and alpine pin mill
- Laboratory mills including quadromat junior, Buhler Test mill with entoleters and laboratory bran finishers, hammer mills, laboratory flour blenders and grain cleaning equipment.